Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

All I can say is The Dark Knight was a lot better than I expected it to be. I liked Batman Begins, but it's not one of my favorites. I think The Dark Knight is a lot better. Heath's performance was awesome! But it honestly was not him. Maybe it's because I am used to seeing him in movies like A Knight's Tale or The Four Feathers or even The Order and Brothers Grimm; but this was... Wow! You know, when Taliesin was a baby, one thing I always loved to watch in him was the twinkle in his eyes. His eyes laughed with him. When Nathanael was born, he lost it for a while. He wondered why this new baby was getting some of his attention. But, after a few months, he got it back. Nathanael's always had it. My mom used to say that you can tell a lot about people by their eyes. I think that is true. When I watched Heath Ledger in his movies up to this point, I saw a twinkle in his eyes - almost an innocence combined with an intensity. I couldn't recognize that tonight in The Dark Knight. Not that it wasn't a good movie. It was. But it definitely was not what I am used to seeing in Heath Ledger.

Kandy

No comments: