Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Hardest Part

I've been very emotional here lately. A couple of nights ago at work, I started laughing and could not stop. Sure, some of it is lack of sleep. I don't get much per night with work, college, and my book. But I've discovered it's more than just that. A few months ago, I went through a situation with friends that really bothered me. I had the same reaction. Eventually, I laughed and laughed and couldn't stop. I really think I'm just emotional right now with this book. A few years ago, I self-published a country music magazine and did freelance writing for several national publications. I interviewed so many country singers. I attended concerts and met the artists backstage. I had a blast. With each interview, with each meeting, I tried to make sure that entertainer was truly the star of the show. They were able to tell me their accomplishments, their dreams and goals, in their own words. I loved researching to ask them questions and let them take the lead. That is truly what I am missing with this book. I'm researching the life of Heath Ledger. I'm writing about him, about his movies, about his life. I'm trying to set up interviews with people that knew him. But I can't let him take the lead. I can only do so much to make him the star of the book. There is that extra something lacking. It's very emotional to me.

Kandy

No comments: